Tuesday 18 March 2014

100 Happy Days

This past year has been a little crazy :


Pregnant ..............................................................Elation

Bleeding...............................................................Scary

Morphological abnormalities on ultrasounds........Devastating

...that turned out to be variations of normal...........Relief

Diagnosed with preeclampsia...............................Disbelief

...that turned out to be HELLP.............................Extreme bloating

C-section at only 29 weeks gestation...................Terrifying

Meeting our daughter for the first time.................Blissful

3 months of NICU................................................Frustrating

Finally home.........................................................Amazing, Stressful, Worrisome, etc!


While I am extremely thankful and happy that our little sweetheart survived this incredible journey, it has been difficult to cope with stress of the many unknowns, the multiple doctors appointments, physio exercises that she does not always enjoy and staying sheltered from everyone during the terrible cold and flu season. Also, this never ending winter has not been helpful in the mood departments.

So, in an attempt to return to my previously rose-colored glasses totting self, I have decided to sign up tomorrow for 100 happy days. The idea is that each day, you take a picture of something (or in my case, I'm sure it will often be a tiny little someone) that makes you happy. I think it will be a nice reminder of everything I have to be thankful for and pull my attention away from my multiple new found worries. Oh, and if I complete the 100 days, I get a little booklet with all the pictures, which will double as a little reminder of the happy things that happened to be during my maternity leave, as I start back to work in about 100 days!

Wish me luck!

xo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment